TERMS ＆ CONDITION
- FIRE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- We, WAKUWAKUHOUSE MATBA, comply with Japan's strict fire prevention regulations and take every measure to protect safety of our guests. However, in case of fire, please follow the instructions below.
- AT YOUR CHECK IN, PLEASE CHECK
- fire exits including the nearest one,
- the fire alarms and extinguishers in or near your room,
- how to switch off the air conditioner in your room, and If you have any physical disabilities, please inform our staff.
- NOT TO CAUSE A FIRE, PLEASE
- do not use anything that may cause a fire, including hot plates and other electrical or gas devices, anywhere in the house,
- do not touch fire alarms and fire distinguishers except for emergency.
- IN CASE OF FIRE, PLEASE
- stay calm, and call the staff immediately at 090-2789-7256,
- alert people nearby,
- evacuate from your room right away, bringing your room key with you,
- before opening the door, touch the door knob and, if it is heated, do not open the door,
- if you find thick smoke, shut the door quickly and stay in your room, otherwise, walk or crawl along the wall to the nearest exit, close the room door when you evacuate.
- IF YOU FIND SMOKE; PLEASE
- stay calm, and call the Guest Relations immediately at 090-2789-7256,
- cover your mouth and nose with a wet towel,
- evacuate from your room right away, bringing your room key,
- walk with a stoop or crawl to the nearest emergency exit through a way without heavy fire or smoke.
- IF YOU CANNOT EVACUATE FROM YOUR ROOM, PLEASE
- stay calm, and call our staff to let us know your situation,
- turn off the air conditioner to prevent smoke flowing into the room,
- seal up the door with wet sheets, blankets or towels to keep out the smoke.
- IN CASE OF AN EARTHQUAKE
In case of an earthquake, please:
- keep away from the windows,
- protect yourself from falling objects.
Every guest is requested to observe and comply with the following House Regulations established by us, WAKUWAKUHOUSE MATBA, in accordance with Article 10 of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation, in order to ensure that guests have a pleasant and safe stay and to maintain the quality of the house. If you do not comply with the House Regulations, we may refuse to stay in or use any of the House facilities including the guest room, under Article 7.1 of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation. We shall not be liable for any losses, damages or expenses caused by your failure to comply with this House Regulations.
Do not smoke in bed or any other place where smoking may cause a fire. Refrain from any other acts that may cause a fire.
Do not bring any heat-generating items including hot plates, ovens, stoves, and room heaters
Do not bring in the house any of the following items, which may disturb or endanger other guests:
- animals or birds of any kind except for guide dogs and assistance dogs,
- gunpowder, oils or other explosives or flammable substances,
- any items emitting offensive smell,
- any items too large or massive to bring into the room, and
- any unlawful or illegal items under the laws of Japan, including firearms, swords, cannabis, marihuana, stimulant drugs, and any other illegal drugs.
Do not use your room for any purposes other than lodging.
Do not use the guest room nor the lobby for business purpose without our special permission,
Refrain from any acts that may violate laws or social standards, including gambling, or may cause any trouble with other people.
As for fixtures and tools for fire protection in the house:
- do not use them for any other purpose than originally intended,
- do not bring them out of the house,
- do not move or modify them, and
- do not touch, fire sensors or sprinklers.
You will be charged for any damage or loss of the our facilities or properties inside or outside the house caused by you or your guests.
We may refuse a drunken person or any other person who may harm himself/herself, other people and/or property; and a sick or injured person without an appropriate attendant.
We will dispose any baggage or other belongings left in the house in accordance with the applicable laws, unless the owner contacts us and give an appropriate instruction within 3 months after it was found.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ACCOMMODATION
- Article 1. (Scope)
- Any agreements between the WAKUWAKUHOUSE MATBA (the “House”) and any guest thereof (the “Guest”) or a person who applies to stay at the House (the “Applicants”), including the agreement with respect to the accommodation (the “Accommodation Agreements”), shall be governed by these Terms and Conditions and, as for any issues not provided herein, by laws, regulations, and/or generally accepted practices. In the case where the House and the Guests has entered into a special agreement, to the extent permitted by laws, regulations and generally accepted practices, such agreement shall prevail over these Terms and Conditions.
- Article 2. (Application for Accommodation)
The Applicants shall make an application for an Accommodation Agreement with informing the House of the followings, and tender the charges for the accommodation (the “Accommodation Charges”) listed in the Annex 1 or otherwise agreed, or present a credit card accepted by the House:
- Name of the Guest(s);
- Date(s) of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
- Other information requested by the House.
In the case where the Guest, during his/her stay, requests to extend his/her stay, it shall be regarded as a new application at the time of such request.
- Article 3. (Execution of Accommodation Agreements)
- The Accommodation Agreement shall be executed when the House accept the application as stipulated in Article 2; provided, however, that the Accommodation Agreement shall not be effective if the House has been proven that the House has not accepted the application.
When the Accommodation Agreement has been executed in accordance with Article 3.1 above, the Guest shall pay the accommodation deposit, the amount of which shall be determined by the House within the Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest's entire period of stay, or 3 days if the period of stay exceeds 3 days, on or before the date specified by the House.
The deposit shall be applied in accordance with the following order; (i) for the Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, (ii) cancellation fees, if the Accommodation Agreement is terminated under Article 6 or 7, and (iii) compensation of damages if any, after which the remainder, if any, shall be refunded.
If the House specifies the due date of the deposit and the Guest has failed to pay it on or before such due date, the Accommodation Agreement shall be null and void.
- Article 4. (Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit)
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 3.2 above, the House may enter into a special agreement, under which no accommodation deposit is required.
Article 4.1 above shall cover the cases where the House does not request the deposit under Article 3.2 or does not specify the due date of the deposit at the time the acceptance of the application.
- Article 5. (Refusal of Accommodation)
The house shall have the right to refuse the application for the accommodation if:
- the application does not comply with the Terms and Conditions;
- the House is fully booked and no room is available;
- the House reasonably determines that the Applicant is likely to violate any laws, or social standards in relation to his/her accommodations;
- the Applicant obviously carries any infectious disease;
- the Applicant commits any act of violence, or requests anything that would cause the House to assume an unreasonable burden in relation to his/her accommodation;
- the House is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, dysfunction of the facilities or other causes of force majeure.
- the House reasonably determines that the Applicant harms, or is likely to harm, other guests, including the case where he/she is drunken, as set forth in the ordinance of the Tokushima Prefectural Government; or
- the House reasonably determines that the Applicant is a member or affiliate of an organized crime group or any other anti-social group.
- Article 6. (Cancel by the Guest)
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Agreement by notifying the House.
The Guest, who cancelled the Accommodation Agreement in whole or in part due to causes attributable to the Guest, shall pay the cancellation charges as listed in the Annex 2, except for the cases where the House requested the deposit the specifying the due date under Article 3.2 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment of the deposit. In the case where the Guest and the House entered into a special agreement as prescribed in Article 4.1 above, the Guest shall not be responsible for the cancellation charges mentioned above unless the House notified the Guest, at the time of the execution of such agreement, of the obligation to pay the cancellation charges.
In the case where the Guest does not appear without any advance notice by 8:00pm or, if the Guest informed the expected arrival time in advance, 2 hours after the expected arrival time, on the arrival date, the House may regard the Accommodation Agreement as being cancelled by the Guest.
- Article 7. (Cancel by the House)
The house may cancel the Accommodation Agreement if:
- the Guest committed any act that violates any laws or social standards in relation to his/her accommodations or the House reasonably determines that the Guest is likely to commit such acts;
- the Guest obviously carries any infectious disease;
- the Guest requests anything that would cause the House to assume an unreasonable burden in relation to his/her accommodation;
- the House is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities or any other causes of force majeure;
- the House reasonably determines that the Guest harms, or is likely to harm, other guests, including the case where he/she is drunken, as set forth in the ordinance of the Tokushima Prefectural Government.
- the Guest commits any acts prohibited, in order to prevent fires, under the rules set forth by the House.
- the Guest fails to perform any payment obligation to the House; or
- the House reasonably determines that the Guest is a member or affiliate of an organized crime group or any other anti-social group.
In the case where the House has cancelled the Accommodation Agreement in accordance with Article 7.1 above, the House will not charge the Guest for any services which he/she has not received.
- Article 8. (Registration)
The Guest shall register the following information at the front desk of the House at his/her check in:
- name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
- except for Japanese citizen, nationality, passport number, port and date of entry into Japan;
- date and estimated time of departure, and
- any other information requested by the House.
In the case where the Guest intends to pay the Accommodation Charges under Article 11 by any means other than cash in Japanese Yen, such as traveler’s checks, coupons or credit cards, the Guests shall present such checks or cards at his/her check-in.
- Article 9. (Hours of Use)
The Guest is entitled to use the guest room from 2:00pm on the arrival date until the noon on the departure date.
The house may, notwithstanding Article 9.1 above, at its discretion, permit the Guest to use the room before or after the hours above mentioned, where the Guest shall pay the extra charges as follows:
- Up to 3 hours: 25% of the Accommodation Charge
- Up to 6 hours: 50% of the Accommodation Charge
- More than 6 hours: 100% of the Accommodation Charge
- Article 10. (House Regulations)
- The Guest shall comply with the House Regulations set forth by the House, which are posted within the in-house telephone “handy.”
- Article 11. (Payment of Charges)
- The rates of Accommodation Charges and other fees, with its breakdowns and explanations, are listed in the Annex 1.
The room charges and other fees shall be paid at the time of departure, or upon request by the House, in cash in Japanese Yen, or by other means accepted by the House such as traveler’s checks, coupons or credit cards.
The Guest shall pay the Accommodation Charges, even if he/she does not use the room, once the House makes the room available and offer it to him/her.
- Article12. (Liabilities of the House)
- The House shall compensate the Guest for any damages if the House willfully or by negligence fails to perform the Accommodation Agreement.
The House, and the building and fire protection facilities thereof, comply with the applicable laws and regulations and are properly maintained and operated. In addition, the House is covered by a House Liability Insurance against unexpected fires and/or other disasters.
- Article 13. (Unavailability of Rooms)
- The House shall, if unable to provide a room in the House, make its best effort to arrange accommodation of the same class as reserved in other houses, subject to the consent of the Guest.
In the case where the House is not able to arrange other accommodation, the House shall pay the Guest as compensation the amount equivalent to the cancellation charges of the room reserved; provided, however, that the House shall not be responsible for the compensation above if the House is not able to provide accommodation due to causes not attributable to the House.
- Article 14. (Deposited Articles)
- The House shall compensate the Guest for any loss or damage caused to goods, cash or valuables deposited in the safety box or at the desk by the Guest, except for the case such loss or damage was caused by force majeure; provided, however, that the House shall not compensate more than 100,000 Japanese Yen, in the case where the House requested the Guest to inform the content and value thereof but the Guest failed to do so.
The house shall compensate the Guest for any loss or damage caused to goods, cash or valuables which are brought onto the premises of the House by the Guest but are rot deposited at the front desk, only if such loss or damage was caused intentionally by the House or through gross negligence of the House; provided, however, that the House shall not compensate more than 100,000 Japanese Yen for any loss or damage of goods, cash and valuables, the content and value of which were not informed by the Guest to the House in advance.
- Article 15. (Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings)
- The House will keep the baggage of the Guest brought into the House before his/her arrival, and hand it over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his/ her check-in, ONLY IF the House was informed of such baggage and agreed to keep it in advance
Article 14 above shall be applied to the House’s liability in relation to the Guest's baggage mentioned Article 15.1 above
- Article 16. (Liability of the Guest)
- The Guest shall compensate the House for any damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
|Total Amount to be paid by the Guest||Accommodation Charges||①Basic Accommodation Guest Charge (Room Charge)
|Extra Charges||③Meals & Drinks and Other Expenses
a. Consumption Tax
|Date when Cancellation of Contract is Notified|
|No Show||Accommodation Day||1Day Prior to Accommodation Day|