WAKUWAKUHOUSE MATBA (the “House”) is aware that information that could identify an individual customer of the House is valuable information, and has established regulations on information management, and handles personal information with the utmost care. Please review the house basic policy on the handling of personal information set forth on this page.
Collection of Personal Information
The House appropriately collects customer Personal Information only to the extent necessary to conduct the House’s business using the methods set forth below.
- 1.Direct collection from customers: Collection via telephone, orally, in writing (including electronic records), from business cards, online (including information that is input when using websites of hotels managed and operated by the House), and so on.
- Collection from third parties duly authorized by customers: Collection from third parties such as use applicants, referral agencies, travel trade professionals, and business partners.
- Collection from publicly available sources: Collection from newspapers, online, telephone directories, books, and other such sources.
Intended Uses of Personal Information
The House uses Personal Information in the following cases.
- When the House provides services through the operation of house facilities such as accommodation.
- When the House provides information regarding its facilities, products, services, and so on.
- When customers cooperate with customer surveys and the like presented by the House intended to improve the House’s services.
- When the House contacts customers who made reservations in order to confirm a booking as well as its content.
- When the House sends its product, make payments and reconciliations, and other cases such as informing and confirming matters related to its business.
- In the case when the House makes notice and guidance by laws or administrative authorities.
- When the House responds to other matters ancillary or related to its operations or when use is within the scope of the intended use specified at the time that the Personal Information was acquired.
Shared Use of Personal Information
In order to provide services with high levels of added value to customers, the House shares Personal Information as set forth below under strict controls and with appropriate security measures in place.
- Joint users of Personal Information: Businesses engaged in the management and operation of the House.
- Purposes of Shared Use:
- When providing services through the operation of hotel facilities such as accommodation at the House.
- When the House provides information regarding facilities, products, services, and so on.
- When customers cooperate with customer surveys and the like presented by the House intended to improve the House services.
- When the House responds to other matters ancillary or related to their operations or when use is within the scope of the intended use specified at the time that the Personal Information was acquired.
- Personal Information subject to shared use: Customer name, telephone or fax number, nationality, passport number, address, email address (including social media IDs and the like associated with email addresses), age, gender, date of birth, anniversary date, employer information, requests, and use history.
- Administrator of Personal Information subject to shared use: AWA-RE Inc.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except in the following cases, the House shall not provide or disclose Personal Information to third parties.
- When the customer consents.
- When pursuant to laws and regulations.
- When the life, person, or property or other specific rights or interests of an individual are in jeopardy and it is necessary to provide Personal Information in order to protect those rights or interests and it would be difficult to seek consent from the customer.
- When Japanese public sector organizations and the like carrying out operations stipulated by laws and regulations require cooperation from private-sector companies and obtaining the consent of the customer regarding whom Personal Information is to be provided to the relevant public sector organizations by such cooperating private-sector companies (businesses engaged in the management and operation of the House is likely to impede the performance of those operations.
Protection of Personal Information
The House strives to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access.
- To ensure the security of Personal Information and prevent unauthorized access to systems and the loss, destruction, alteration, or leak of Personal Information, the House takes security countermeasures from the perspectives of both operational management and systems.
- Databases in which Personal Information is recorded are stored on systems protected by mechanisms (firewalls) to prevent external access.
- In some cases, the House makes use of information known as cookies on its websites and so on for the purpose of enhancing customer convenience. Customers can disable cookie functionality by changing browser settings, but it may not be possible to use some services as a result.
- The House may use access log information for the purpose of statistical analysis such as investigating the number of times that the House’s website is used, but such information does not include personally identifiable information.
The House implements necessary security measures and appropriately monitors outside contractors and others to ensure that its employees carry out comprehensive protection of the Personal Information of customers.
Personal Information on Third-Party Linked Sites
In order to provide more useful information and services to customers, the House’s websites contain links to the websites of third parties (other companies and organizations). The House assumes no responsibility regarding the collection and handling of Personal Information by such linked third-party websites.
- If any changes occur to information registered with the House or if you want Personal Information to be deleted, please promptly contact Marunouchi Hotel so that the services can be effectively provided.